Scholars: Join Google Classroom
Students need to enroll in their Google Classroom classes as soon as possible using their Eagle Bronx accounts. If you don't know your account, letters were mailed home on Friday that inform families of what the addresses are.
Visit https://classroom.google.com and join ALL of your classes that are there.
Updated Wednesday March 25 at 9:20am
- Our daily schedule is posted below. Scholars will be online from 9:30am to 1:30pm daily according to their schedule.
- Our email address for help with remote learning is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza has provided a letter to families you can read here.
- Families of first responders, health care workers, and other essential personnel can enroll their son in a Regional Enrichment Center. Read more here.
- New update 3/25: we've updated a Parents' Guide to Google Classroom under the Eagle Academy Remote Learning section.
Internet Access Information
A number of companies are providing free resources across the country to get families online during the school closures. This list was compiled as of 11:00pm on Tuesday, March 17.
Mobile Carrier Help
A number of companies are raising or suspending their data caps for mobile devices used as hot spots:
- Both Sprint and T-Mobile are giving everyone unlimited data for the next 60 days and adding 20GB to existing hotspot caps.
- AT&T is waiving fees for exceeding data caps
- Verizon has waived late fees
Free Home Installation & 60-day Service
Spectrum and Altice/Optimum are offering free home installation of Internet service along with 60 days of free service. Here are the numbers to call:
No Late Fees / Terminations
Altice/Optimum is waiving late fees and preventing terminations for non-payment for the next 60 days. View more information here.
To help students stay connected during emergencies, the DOE is lending internet-enabled iPads to support remote learning for students. If you would like to request a device for a NYC student in your family, you can:
1) Fill out the request form on the following link: https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices OR
2) Call the NYCDOE at 718-935-5100 and select option 5 when calling
The DOE will use the contact information you provide to get in touch with you to discuss when and where you can pick up a device. Priority will be given to students most in need, and all devices are granted on a temporary basis and will later need to be returned. There is a limit of one device per student.
Note: Due to the NY State PAUSE, we can no longer enter the Eagle Academy building in order to distribute any remaining technology. You will need to use the link above to request an internet-related device directly from the NYC Department of Education.
Internet Acceptable Use Policy
Students are reminded they are to adhere to the Internet Acceptable Use Policy of the NYC Department of Education.
Eagle Academy Remote Learning
Online Learning Platform and Schedule
Scholars will engage with their teachers remotely using Google Classroom and their Eagle Bronx Gmail accounts. All scholars have been invited to Google Classroom classes directly.
Visit Google Classroom at https://classroom.google.com using your Eagle Bronx Gmail address.
Scholars will interact with their teachers daily according to the following schedule. Teachers will individually post how to connect with them in their Google Classroom pages. All classes except Community Service have Google Classroom pages you are expected to participate in.
- Period 1: 9:30am to 10:00am
- Period 2: 10:00am to 10:30am
- Period 3: 10:30am to 11:00am
- Period 4: 11:00am to 11:30am
- Period 5: 11:30am to 12:00pm
- Period 6: 12:00pm to 12:30pm
- Period 7: 12:30pm to 1:00pm
- Period 8: 1:00pm to 1:30pm
- Office hours / Additional help: 2:15pm to 3:20pm
We are actively exploring how to engage the community through Town Hall at 9:00am daily.
Assignments and Grading
Scholars will be expected to complete three assignments the week of 3/23, three assignments the week of 3/30, and two assignments the week of 4/6. All assignments must be submitted via Google Classroom.
Eagle's grading policy is in effect. 40% of a scholar's grade will be summative assessment and 60% will be formative assessment.
Students that can not participate in live remote learning due to Coronavirus-related matters will not be penalized due to lack of attendance alone.
Families, we know that Google Classroom is new to many of you. Here's an amazing guide we've found online written by Tanya Bratton, M. Ed.:
Sites for Meals
The NYC Department of Education has opened hundreds of sites, including Eagle Academy. Anyone aged 18 and under can go to any site and pick up meals. You do not need to go to Eagle Academy for meals if you are far.
- Locate a meal here: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/free-meals